ECC Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
Remote Teaching and Teaching Continuity Resources
With the possibility of campus closures due to health concerns or severe weather, it is very useful to plan for how to continue classes from a remote setting so that learning is continued to the best of our abilities.
All communications from Dr. Peggy Heinrich, Vice-President of Teaching, Learning, and Student Development, to faculty regarding the Spring 2020 Instructional Continuity Plan are archived on the Communications from VP of TLSD page of this site.
Resources and tips for utilizing our learning management system, Desire2Learn (D2L), can be found on the Distance Learning Teaching Continuity Strategies Page.
Additional resources and tips for facilitating class remotely can be found on the Remote Teaching and Teaching Continuity page on this site. In addition to suggestions for facilitating class remotely, the page includes a forum for posting any questions you have and a forum for sharing your own tips and strategies with your colleagues.
For questions and suggestions on using D2L, please contact the Instructional Improvement & Distance Learning Team.
For additional questions and suggestions on teaching in a remote setting, contact Tyler Roeger, Director of CETL, at email@example.com.
ECC Remote Teaching Peer Groups
Interested in joining a group of 3 to 4 other faculty to share ideas and questions and consistently check-in with during remote teaching? Click on the link below, and enter your information below by Monday, April 6, and you'll be contacted to get set up with a group of others. All faculty are welcome. Questions? Contact Tyler Roeger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the online space of the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL). Here, you'll find information on CETL workshops and other events and have access to numerous electronic resources, including links to articles on varied teaching practices and to sample course documents, like assignment sheets. Direct any questions or suggestions to Tyler Roeger, Director of CETL, at email@example.com.
Spring 2020 Events
· Creating Transparent AssignmentsJan. 16 1:00- 3pm in C120
· Grading with Google Classroom, Part 1Jan. 17 10:00- 11am in E111
· Teaching Squares: Introductory Meeting Jan. 21 10:00- 11:30am (C120) or Jan. 22 3:00- 4:30pm (E216)
· Gauging Student LearningJan. 28 2:00- 4pm in E214
· Faculty Observation & Feedback (CANCELLED)Jan. 31 9:00am- 1pm in C120 · Faculty Peer Review: Assignment SheetsFeb. 4 12:00- 1pm in C120
· Grading with Google Classroom, Part 2Feb. 7 10:00- 11am in E211
· Assessment Diaries Event Feb. 14 8:45am- 1:30pm in E Building · Culturally Responsive TeachingFeb. 18 2:00- 4pm orFeb. 20 10:00am- 12pmin B182
· NAPE Series: Micromessaging to Reach and Teach Every StudentFeb. 21 9:00am- 3pmin E121
· Faculty Peer Review: RubricsMar. 3 12:00- 1pm in C120
· NAPE Series: Universal Design for Learning Mar. 13 1:00- 2:30pm (Webinar)
· NAPE Series: Eliminating Barriers Through Culturally Responsive Teaching Apr. 3 1:00- 2:30apm (Webinar)
· Faculty Peer Review: D2LApr. 7 12:00- 1pm in C120
· NAPE Series: Inspiring Courage Through Self-Efficacy Apr. 13 1:00- 2:30pm (Webinar)
· Writing Your Teaching PhilosophyApr. 15 2:30- 4:30pm or Apr. 16 10:00am- 12pm in E214
· NAPE Series: Equity in Problem-Based LearningMay. 1 9:00- 3pm in E121
· Managing the Enhanced ClassroomJan. 21- Mar. 2 (Online)
· Online Instruction and AssessmentMar. 3- May 4 (Online)
· Hybrid TeachingMar. 3- May 4 (hybrid)