National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) Excellence Award
As a member of NISOD, each year we have the opportunity to nominate and send up to five qualified faculty or staff members (full-time or part-time) to the NISOD Annual Conference on May 23 – May 26, 2020, in Austin, Texas. NISOD is “a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching, learning and leadership at community and technical colleges.”
A call for nominations goes out in September each year, with nominations due early November. Nominations may be submitted by faculty, administrators, support staff members, or students. Each person may submit only one nomination.
Once the call for nominations goes out in the fall, complete and submit the attached nomination form by the specified due date. Direct submissions and any questions to Tyler Roeger, email@example.com, 847-214-7696. Submissions may be sent electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via campus mail (to office C-222).
The nominee should demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Promotes and fosters a learner-centered environment
- Collaborates and develops partnerships across ECC and/or the greater community
- Engages in innovative initiatives across campus
- Demonstrates positive and effective assistance to diverse learners in reaching their academic goals
- Provides exceptional services to students
- Provides leadership on campus and in the community
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning and professional development of colleagues and one’s self
- Embodies ECC’s shared values: Excellence; Freedom of Inquiry; Equity; Diversity; Ethical Practice; Accountability; Collaboration
Congratulations to the 2020 ECC NISOD Award Recipients !
Marc Beth, Lori Jones, John Long, Lisa McCarthy-West, and David Zacker
- 2019 Abigail Bailey, Marc Hucek, Amybeth Mauer, Tyler O'Donnell, and Annamarie Schopen
- 2018 Diva Ajinth, Soma Chattopadhyay, Dawn Munson, Mary Peterhans, and Greg Wheaton
- 2017 Chalyce Deterding, Michelle Kelty, David Lawrence, William Pelz, and Patrick Stewart
- 2016 Tim Anderson, Elizabeth Becker, Kenny Beynon, Elizabeth McNulty, and Fred Vogt
- 2015 Marilee Halpin, Terri Martin, Luis Martinez, and Rich Wince
- 2014 Lauren Anderko, Michelle Brynelsen, Sally Guy, Clark Hallpike, Colleen Stribling, and David Zacker
- 2013 Patti Jachowicz, Marcia Luptak, Catherine Moushon, David Reich, Linda Wallace
- 2012 Lynn Ducar, Marybeth Koos, Gary Norden, Roger Ramey, Kim Tarver
- 2011 Lori Clark, Nicole Scherger, Leticia Starkov, Katherine Storey, Laurel Vietzen
- 2010 Heidi Eaton, Joyce Fountain, Crystal Kerwin, John Slawson, Armando Trejo
- 2009 Alison Douglas, Linda Hefferin, Dan Kernler, Ronald Kowakczyk, Gregl Kramer, and Connie Orbeta
- 2008 Tim Kaar, Linda McEwan, Rachael Tecza, Susan Timm, and Maryann Tuerk
Orrin G. Thompson Teaching Excellence Award
The Orrin G. Thompson Teaching Excellence Award honors faculty members who have made outstanding contributions to the learning environment of the college and who are dedicated to student successes. Recipients are also nominated for the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) Outstanding Faculty Member Award. Specific criteria for this award include the nominee’s demonstrated excellence in teaching, initiative on innovative programs, service on technical or special committees, leadership in helping solve challenges and participation in state and/or national education associations. One full-time and one part-time faculty member receive the award each year.
2020 Nominations Now Open
Nominations for the 2020 Orrin G. Thomson Teaching Excellence Aware are currently welcome from students, staff, and faculty. The nomination form and a detailed explanation of the award can be found via this link (click here). Nominations are due to Tyler Roeger (x7696) by Friday, February 7, 2020 and can be submitted via campus mail to Tyler Roeger, C-222, or via email to email@example.com.
Once the call for nominations goes out early in the spring semester, complete and submit attached nomination form by the specified due date. Direct submissions and any questions to Tyler Roeger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 847-214-7696. Submissions may be sent electronically (email@example.com) or via campus mail (to office C-222).
Nominees should exemplify and, thereby strengthen the shared values of the college community which are: Excellence, Freedom of Inquiry, Equity, Ethical Practices, Accountability, Respect for Diversity & Community Engagement
Full and part-time faculty in good standing with the college may be nominated.
- 2019 Heidi Eaton & Helen DiNardo
- 2018 Greg Wheaton & Jane Maas
- 2017 Patrick Stewart & Soma Chattapadhyay
- 2016 Kim Tarver & Elizabeth Soderquist
- 2015 John Mravik
- 2014 Alison Douglas
- 2013 Dan Kernler
- 2012 Mary Beth Koos
- 2011 Letecia Starkov
- 2010 Jill Russell
- 2009 Ronald Kowalczyk
- 2008 Connie Orbeta
- 2007 David Sujak
- 2006 Andy Erbach
- 2005 Laurel Vetzen
- 2004 Stephanie Johnson
- 2003 Brent Steel
- 2002 Mark Pelczarski
- 2001 Hani Qasmieh
- 2000 Dan Gardner
- 1999 Linda Hefferin
- 1998 Loren Weaver
- 1997 Dan Gardner