Selected Articles and Research
These curated articles in the categories below are of varying length and provide research, examples, and guidance on a variety of teaching topics. They are organized via a Library Research Guide* and are loosely organized by topic. Have a suggestion for an article or topic to include? Email Tyler Roeger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Learning
- The Syllabus
- Classroom Authority and Student Empowerment
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Adult Learners
*In addition to organizing the teaching materials on the CETL site, Library Research Guides can be created for any course or assignment. ECC librarians are eager to work with faculty to create tailored guides for any discipline. If you’d like to reach out to a librarian about possibly creating a Research Guide for one of your courses, contact Stacey Shah at email@example.com.
ECC Assessment Diaries Presentation Materials
The folder below contains materials from the session of ECC's Assessment Diaries 2020 events. The materials cover topics such as growth mindset, using Quizlet, revising your syllabus for a more inclusive classroom, and the experiences of trans* and non gender conforming students, among other topics.
The Teaching Professor Materials
As a member of ECC, faculty have access to numerous teaching-related articles and videos, at no cost, through The Teaching Professor.
Follow the steps below to activate your free subscription.
STEP 1: Activate your subscription
2. Enter information in each of the required fields. In the Authorization Code box, enter the group Authorization Code "ELGIN481" and click Submit
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once.
STEP 2: Access the Commons libraries
1. Go to www.magnapubs.com/profile
2. Enter your email address & password & click Submit. If you do not know or remember your account password, use “Forgot your password?” to reset it.
3. On the left side of the screen, under My Account, My Online Access, select "The Teaching Professor." You'll be taken to The Teaching Professor site that includes archived materials, like short articles and videos.
Please do not share the Authorization Code with anyone outside our campus community.
Need help? Call 800-433-0499 ext. 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.